You know that business solutions are an important piece of your business, but even the best business solution can be limited by the knowledge of the people using it.
When you implement a new business process or solution, a lot of time and attention is spent on training your team to take best advantage of the new functionality available to them. After all, you’re investing in this upgrade, so you want to make sure you’re geared to get the best possible return on that investment. But often, training is never spoken of again and as your users change and your company’s requirements change, over time you are not using your key business tools to the extent that you can.
Investing in staff training can:
- Increase productivity
- Improve the quality of work – less errors means less time spent fixing those mistakes, and happier clients.
- Reduce time wasted with streamlined work flows and more competent staff.
- Positively affect staff morale and motivation.
- Help reduce staff turnover.
- Prepare your business for change or growth.
- Give you a competitive edge over your business rivals.
- Help attract top talent. Businesses who value and invest in their employees are often seen as having a preferable company culture.
Whether you’re implementing a new business process, or it’s just time for a refresher, investing in ongoing staff training has a lot of benefits.
But when you’re choosing a training provider, you want to make sure that the person or company you’re working with can fit your needs.
Perhaps it’s best for your business to have in-classroom training, where it can be hands on. Or maybe you have remote staff and prefer online training.
You also might be considering factors like:
- Do you want to do a full day or half day of training? Maybe a lunch and learn?
- Do you want to train offsite (at another location), onsite, or online?
- What do you need the training for – a specific business process, or general business functionality?
- What goals do you want to achieve with the training session? What would qualify as successful training plan for you?
To the last point, if your staff walk away from training feeling bored, unmotivated, or confused about how to implement what they just learned, it probably wasn’t a successful training session.
You need training that fits your needs and gets you real results.
At SHEA Global, training is an important part of everything we do. All of our training is provided by our experienced, qualified consultants, bringing real-life experience to the training content.
We also work with our clients to understand their training goals and develop a plan to meet them. This can be anything from traditional hands-on classroom delivery, to remote web training. And we can customize options for your specific users and business requirements.
A better business is just a few steps away. Contact us to learn more about our training and development. Call (905) 470 6830 or visit SHEAGlobal.com.