By Mentor Works
One of the keys to staying competitive as a Canadian manufacturer is continuous improvement, including investments in technology and innovation. However, many manufacturers have difficulty determining the most impactful technology investments and third-party consultants are required to find and solve bottlenecks.
Fortunately, the CME Technology Assessment Program grant was created to subsidize the costs of third-party technology assessment specialists. Southern Ontario manufacturers can access this grant to receive specialized assessments of opportunities to improve their systems, processes, and equipment by adopting new technologies.
Eligible manufacturers can receive subsidies covering up to 100% to a maximum of $25,000 of eligible consulting assessment costs.
The results of proper technology assessments and the resulting technology adoption can lead to lower operating expenses, improved customer satisfaction, heightened innovation capacity, and elevated quality assurance.
CME Technology Assessment Program Overview
The CME Technology Assessment Program enables manufacturers to determine the technologies that best suit their unique challenges with the most attractive return on investment (ROI).
Applicants can work with a Qualified Service Provider (QSP), like SHEA Global, that will conduct the assessment on-site at the production facility and create a custom action plan to enhance efficiencies through a combination of optimized existing assets and new technology adoption, including hardware, software, and cloud computing.
Once finished, the QSP will help the manufacturer make informed decisions on what assets to purchase, optimize, and/or retire, as well as required training of the production team.
To be eligible for the CME TAP program, eligible applicants:
- Must be a manufacturer based in southern Ontario per the census map;
- Must have between 16-499 full-time employees in southern Ontario;
- Must demonstrate financial stability;
- Must be an incorporated business (federally or provincially) for two years or more continuously; and
- Are not required to be a member of CME to be eligible.
Assessments must be completed by Qualified Service Providers (QSP), pre-approved by CME. Experts who are not already credited as a QSP can apply to be a certified QSP. If there is a current partnership with an expert who is not CME-approved, they can apply to be added to the list of QSPs. Experts that are on the applicant’s payroll are ineligible.
Assessments can focus on areas such as:
- Waste reduction;
- Process flow;
- Energy efficiency (production level);
- Quality (for example, ISO Certification);
- Environmental impact (various green certifications); and
- Information and management systems.
Any assessments that have been previously completed by the applicant are not eligible.
- Entertainment and meals are not eligible costs; and
- Consulting fees (including travel) are eligible.
Learn More in Our Upcoming Live Webinar
On June 24 at 2 p.m. EST, join SHEA Global and Mentor Works to go over the CME Technology Assessment Program in detail. We will cover:
- How you could achieve goals through technology adoption and by building a strategic plan
- How to qualify for government funding to support professional technology assessments, purchases, and training
- What additional funding is available that can be leveraged to subsidize the cost of digital investments
- And answer any questions that you have about the program.
See details about the live webinar and register here.
Keep up-to-date on all funding updates in the Mentor Works newsletter.
About Mentor Works
Mentor Works is a business support organization specializing in Canadian government funding. The Ontario-based business has helped hundreds of businesses build and execute their funding strategy through a mix of federal and provincial government grants, loans, and tax credits. Mentor Works offers free online resources, funding webinars, and news via their website at www.mentorworks.ca.
Mentor Works Ltd.
28 Bett Court, Unit B
Guelph ON, N1C 0A5
About SHEA Global
SHEA Global believes that all organizations have the potential to achieve excellence. Our passion is to guide our customers to business excellence. We are your strategic partners in end-to-end business transformations and ongoing optimization.
At SHEA Global, we challenge our customers to look beyond the status quo imagine what Business Better is like for them. SHEA Global supports organizations in 20 countries from offices in Canada, US, UK, India, and the Philippines.
Learn more at www.sheaglobal.com.